May 30, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

Okay...soo...I started this in my English class at the beginning of the year...when things were really bad. And...I wanted to finish it. So...here it goes.

Please stop yelling.
Please stop screaming.
Go ahead and kick me out.
Keep telling me how much you hate me.
One day I'll be gone away,
And you'll wish you had be nicer.

Please don't raise your voice,
It hurts me when you yell.
I don't want to be around you anymore,
You beat me down a little farther every day.
Some days I want to run away,
But I remember the reason why I have stayed.
One day I hope you'll see the way you treat me.

Don't raise your voice,
It's unnecessary.
I can't leave unfortunately,
So I have to stay for now.
Until I can fly away,
I will not let you tear me down.
I am weak beyond compare,
But God is all the strength I need.
I stay because of her,
The other one you brought into this world.
I will make her life easier,
And be the hope she needs.
To show her that not everyone,
Is horrible and mean.

I cannot control your voice.
I can't control myself.
The situation is not in my hands,
But in God's and His alone.
I was given this trial,
For a reason that is unknown.
I have to place my trust in God,
And let Him take care of you.
I know you do not understand,
And that's okay, too.
One day you'll see the light,
And I will know the truth.

Until that day in Heaven,
My life is here on Earth.
My soul is held by God.
Jesus brought me an invitation,
And now I understand.
Things won't always be good,
Nor will they be great.
But this life I hold,
Is not my own.

Trials come,
And trials go.
You will see,
And so shall I.
Until it's time,
I sit and wait.
And remember the phrase:
"This too, shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment