May 6, 2013

Math. Go Solve Your Own Problems.

So...I'm in this math program called IMP (interactive math program). Before you judge and say that I am stupid, or that I am bad at math, you are DEAD WRONG BRO. IMP is a college prep-course, and I tutor some of my classmates (graduating class classmates) with THEIR homework. Okay? Okay. So...step-off homie G dog. 

Anyways...0.0....So, we are solving systems of equations with 3 variables (x, y, and z) using the Elimination method. BUT....here's the catch. Since we just finished our introduction to matrices, we have to turn the system into a matrix. And then enter those matrices into our graphing calculators, and solve for the values of x, y, and z. Needless to say, it's a pain in the read end. 


We have had like....4 worksheets to do. 2 over the weekend, and 2 today for homework. I finished one in class, and so I took the second one home for homework. I started solving.....you know, solving by elimination....and I got OUTRAGEOUS numbers. like........8.0285430293852, -.00001283u54901984, .8fh0208357201-58740. I knew this was OBVIOUSLY wrong, so I tried it again....and again....and again......and yet again. And I got no where. So...I solved it using the matrices, and I got simple numbers -5, 4, 1. Easy. I tried it one last time. Still...I was no where near the answers I should have been getting. So, I skipped it. I wrote a little note saying that I had spent an hour on this one problem, and that I was confused and frustrated, so therefore I was skipping this problem. Then I moved on to number 2. Still...........I was dead wrong. I got infinite solutions. So...I just skipped that one, too. I gave up on number 3. I got whole numbers, but they were like......608375092134012 times the numbers I was supposed to get. Naturally...I went on to number 4.  This one was easy. Like..super easy. It kind of looked like this:





So, I solved it. Got the numbers I was supposed to. And then....you all can guess what I did...I THREW MY HOME WORK IN THE AIR AT LAST! SCREAMING I HATE THIS DUMB SHIZZZZZZZ! And it looked kind of like this: 






So, yeah. And now I am sitting here...on my laptop.....writing to a bunch of people I don't know. Complaining about how I hate my math class..but want to be a high-school math teacher. Yup. No logic. Welcome to IMP every body. 











No comments:

Post a Comment