May 4, 2013

I'll Take a Ginge With a Side of Ice Cream.

First of all, I am sorry if you are offended by the word "ginge". It is my short hand for the word ginger. And I use it in reference to everything that is ginger. A ginger color, ginger the ingredient, all of it. So no offense is meant, but if you do take offense, well, I can't help you there. 
Okay. STORY TIME! 
So, this is a story from Summer'12. That was a LONG summer...but I won't tell you about the scary things that happened just yet. I want to tell you about how I met my best friend. He's a ginger. He says he's not, but we all know he is. Just look at him and you'll see. He's got the adorable freckles, the red hair. And his eyes are blue. Like....piercing blue. They are super pretty. So, we're going to call him Ginge for arguments sake. Okay? 'Kay.
So, I was volunteering at a soccer camp I coach at every summer, and we went swimming after camp one day. I saw my friend there (not Ginge). He's pretty cool. Let's call him Cool Kid. So me and Cool Kid were talking and swimming around in the town pool, and this kid walks over. I said "Hi." I am socially awkward. Cool Kid introduced him, and we started hanging out. We hung out for the rest of the day: me, Cool Kid, and Ginge. Cool Kid had to go home, so me and Ginge went to walk down to the soccer field. He had bought an ice cream and he shared it with me. Ever since then, we've been best friends. 
I think I have made most of friends that way. One of us has food, and then we share. And then BAM! we're best friends. Weird. At least the food is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment