July 16, 2015

It's Not Goodbye, Just Another See You Later

Hey guys!

So, for those of you who have continually checked this page and read most of if not all of my ridiculous and crazy posts -- first of all, thank you, and second of all, you'll know that I recently graduated high school (go class of 2015!), that I also turned 18 shortly after, and that I am going to college at the University of Southern Maine (with some fabulous people if I might add).

I am beyond excited for this new chapter in my life. Not only is it a new state with new people, I can finally live independently and discover my strengths and weaknesses, and to find out just how well/poorly my life thus far has prepared me to be an adult and live in the "real world". I'd update you all on the guy situation, bu sadly, I'm just not into that scene right now. Guys are complex beings, and I don't have the kind of time or mentality to devote the time and energy deserved by whichever "lucky guy" may or may not be interested in me here at home. Maybe I'll meet a lovely gentleman and fall in love over the next four years, but I have no expectations for that area of life.

I am beyond excited to put most of my time and energy into studying the mechanics of being an RN and getting my degree. A few positive things about this upcoming chapter in life...

1) My roommate Ari!
My roommates name is Ari, and she could honestly be my mental twin. We don't look alike, but on the inside we are nearly identical. We get along very well, and I have already made some great new friends that (hopefully) are friends for life. She also wants to bring me to Disney!

2) Lifelong friends!
Speaking of, Jordan! She's a beautiful soul, with a pretty similar sounding past to mine. We bonded quickly at the (quite amazing) overnight orientation in June, and through my roommate I also met several other people that I am hoping to learn more about! W. and D. are also wonderful people!
Eventually, I plan on taking several trips to Europe with my Uncle Tommy and some of my new friends!

3) The adventure...
My favorite past time is going on adventures -- but not the planned kind. Planning an adventure defeats the purpose to me. Maybe planning on going for a walk through town, and then making t an adventure from there on what you do or where you go from there, but not planning out every moment and detail of the day. I plan on going out and walking around Gorham and Portland, and bringing my roommate camping (she's from FL so she has never been camping) in a state park in VT or maybe in the White Mountains of NH.

4) Academics
More importantly, I'm eager to dive into the academics. I just got my advisor assignment, and my schedule is set. I couldn't be more excited! I am taking an Intro to Stats class, some kind of theater class that goes towards my core requirements, thee Russel Scholars classes, and a science class. I still have to order my books, but that is for a different paragraph I think.


To sum up my senior year, I wrote a very successful "second half" of my memoir that I wrote my sophomore year (check 2013 "Memoir Part 1-3), and have posted it finally to my blog under "Continued Memoir". It's pretty deep and personal, but I don't think I've ever kept any secrets from any of you and I am not about to start now. My Spring semester of highschool was busy. I took two year long AP Classes  (Psychology and Literature), a third semester-long AP Class (European History), and a CCV class online. Fortunately, I scored a 4 (perfect score is a 5) on my Psych exam and I got an 88 in my CCV class so I will get to count both of those towards my college credits (6 credits I don't have to pay for $$$). I'm debating on posting some of my essays throughout the year in Psych to this blog, or just posting my final paper on Epilepsy (97 -- three points off for not indenting my source list and one typo >.<) on here and on my new and upcoming blog.

SURPRISE!!!

I'm not going to stop writing. I'm just going to separate the chapters in my life. I want this blog to still be read, and continue to help people learn more about me and my life. But, the point of me creating this blog was to document life from my point of view, as well as for me to use it as an outlet for processing things I couldn't understand and really a place to rant (because lets be honest here -- that's really what I've done most of the time). I will continue to rant and rave and share my life with you, just on a different page, and with different events as an adult.

Just remember:
"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you -- something great will come of it."
-- We Bought A Zoo

Feel free to comment and follow the new blog....
twentyseconds.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment